|Spicy Spinach Lasagna Rolls|
Makes 6 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
– 12 whole wheat lasagna noodles, prepared according to package directions and drained
– 9oz frozen spinach, prepared according to package directions with excess water drained
– 15oz low fat ricotta cheese
– ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
– 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
– Red pepper flakes to taste
– 2 cups (16oz) marinara sauce
– 1 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
– 4 tablespoons fresh basil, diced
– Non-stick spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, mix spinach, ricotta, parmesan and garlic in a bowl.
Spray baking pan with non-stick spray. Lay noodles out and spread a small amount of the cheese mixture the length of the noodle. Sprinkle on red pepper flakes to reach desired spiciness. Roll the noodle up into a roll and place in baking pan, open end down. Continue with all noodles.
Cover rolls with marinara sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and basil. Bake for 40 minutes.
*You can refrigerate before baking for up to 3 days, or you can freeze for longer. If baking from frozen, increase baking time to 60 minutes.
Per serving – 2 rolls
530 Calories | 19.2g fat | 10.3g saturated fat | 858mg sodium | 51g carbohydrates | 8.7g fiber | 40.2g protein
Recipe provided by Erin Wiedmar, Clinical Nutritionist, N Good Health