You can bulk up this pesto soup recipe by adding shredded or canned chicken, sausage, or even spinach or kale (because greens are never a bad idea!). And you can add an avocado garnish to anything!
Last-Minute Pesto Bean Soup
Makes 9, 1 cup servings
- 3 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup pesto
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Handful of spinach
- Optional: avocado to garnish
- Place drained and rinsed beans and broth into a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 8–10 minutes or until thickened.
- Add Parmesan, pesto, sundried tomatoes and black pepper and stir to combine. Lastly, add spinach and simmer until spinach has wilted.
- Serve and enjoy.