October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and at N Good Health, we want to make sure you have the best resources available to stay up to date on your cancer prevention screenings. In Step 2 in your N Good Health account (Annual Wellness Statement), you are asked if you have an up-to-date mammogram. Women age 40 and older should consider an annual mammogram in addition to monthly self-exams and an annual breast exam from a health care provider. If you’re due for a mammogram, consider the merits of going to a nationally accredited program.
The Norton Healthcare Breast Health Program is the leading provider of breast care in Louisville and Southern Indiana. It offers the latest resources, diagnostic testing and treatment services available to women in the community, including:
- Five mammography locations and a mobile prevention unit for convenient care
- The latest breast screening technologies to detect even the tiniest tumors, including state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging, digital and 3D mammography, breast ultrasound and breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- A full range of diagnostic and treatment programs designed to promote breast health
- Dedicated patient navigators to help guide patients through the breast health journey
- Same-day appointments for those diagnosed with breast cancer
- Monthly breast cancer support groups for any woman affected by breast cancer
- Norton Cancer Institute Behavioral Oncology Program, designed to provide supportive emotional and psychological care for patients diagnosed with breast cancer
To learn more about prevention and detection or breast cancer treatment options, click below.