Curious about how many steps you walk in a day or how far it is from your parked car to the front door at work? Wrist-worn activity trackers can give you information like this and some models can offer you biometric specifics like heart rate and caloric burn. There are many reasons you may consider investing in a fitness tracker:
- Accountability – you are more committed to get your activity in when you have a tracking device. Some offer a feature that will nudge you if you haven’t moved enough for the day.
- Goal-setting – daily movement goals can be visualized for encouragement and satisfaction.
- Motivation – visually seeing your progress each day is encourages you to improve for the next day, week, or month.
- Tracks sleep – many trackers offer the ability to track your sleep pattern, how deeply or lightly you sleep, duration of sleep and each time you woke up.
- Monitors heart rate – most fitness trackers have the ability to monitor your heart rate by measuring your pulse. This information allows you to reach your target heart rate within each workout and observe improvements in cardiovascular fitness over time.
- Stay connected – some trackers include WiFi and Bluetooth which allows you to receive text messages, emails and/or phone calls without pulling out your phone. You can even find a device that stores and plays music through wireless headphones.
- Versatility – select devices can track a wide range of activities like paddle boarding, swimming, hiking, climbing and cycling just to name a few.
Get ready for the Fall into Fitness Challenge from October 11th to November 8th with a new, discounted activity device that will track your activity and connect to your N Good Health account. Get the latest in smart technology with discounts up to 40% off retail on select devices at the online store found at: NGoodHealth.com, click on “Get Your Fitness Device” and then follow the steps to begin shopping for a discounted Garmin or Fitbit device. Be sure to connect your device to your N Good Health account so you can monitor your progress and receive one healthy action point for each day you complete 7500 steps or more and be connected for the Fall into Fitness Challenge.