The Y @ Work fitness center concept offers top notch fitness equipment around the clock as an easy way for you to reach your fitness goals. Two convenient locations are available for you– Downtown at the Pavilion and at Watterson Tower. Both facilities have enhanced the services they provide and added some new options to meet the changing needs of the members:
- NEW!Virtual fitness and check-ins – members can enjoy a variety of live and pre-recorded fitness classes with these online options:
- In Studio – members can search hundreds of pre-recorded fitness classes at both Y @ Work locations via iPad in the group fitness room
- At Home — Y @ Work members can participate in pre-recorded fitness classes through FitnessOnDemand Flex at home by calling 629-BFIT to obtain an access code from your Y @ Work director
- For both Y @ Work and community-wide Y members — the YMCA of Greater Louisville provides online resources to enjoy family fitness, wellness tips and participate in live fitness classes led by local instructors and pre-recorded classes from national fitness groups. Connect virtually using your membership card at the Y @ Work department page on NSite.
- NEW! Member connectivity – follow the Norton Y @ Work Facebook page to participate in challenges, receive wellness tips, be alerted to updates and connect to other members for accountability and motivation
- Wellness Coaching – members receive up to three 30-minute coaching sessions to guide you in goal setting, educate on fitness equipment and set up a workout routine for you. Call 629-BFIT to schedule your free wellness coaching appointments.
- Registered Dietician services – Y @ Work members can get professional advice on how to improve your nutrition for weight loss/gain, endurance sports training, diabetes management and surgical weight loss recovery. Additional fees apply. Call Chris Boyd at 502-272-5920 for more information.
- Personal training – boost results from your workouts through individualized sessions with a certified personal trainer who will guide you in proper form and help you reach your goals successfully and safely.
Your health and safety are a top priority and the Y @ Work staff works diligently to keep the facilities clean and sanitized. At this time, masks must be worn at all times throughout the facilities.
Y @ Work membership is $10 per pay period for Norton Healthcare employees. Add your spouse to your Y @ Work membership for only $5 per pay period. Access to both Y @ Work locations is included with a YMCA community-wide membership. To join or for more information please call 629-BFIT.