The holidays bring out a mix of emotions. For many, it is a time of comfort, joy and togetherness. But for many others, it can mean stress, anxiety, loneliness and maybe a mental health struggle. Know that your Norton Healthcare family is here to support you through any feelings of self-doubt, stress, anxiety or emotional angst. All employees and their family members have a variety of free mental and emotional health resources to choose from. Mix and match from the below resources and remember, it is OK to ask for help.
Coming in January, N Good Health is partnering with Mental Health Lou for a workshop series that covers stress management, emotional balance and the mind-body connection for enhanced mental well-being. ‘Mind-Body Wellness’ will kick off with a Tuesday, Jan. 9 in-person workshop at Norton Brownsboro Hospital. Select one topic or attend all four sessions on Tuesdays through Jan. 30.
- Learn more about the series by checking out the Mind-Body Wellness flyer.
- Registration is now open. Scan the QR code below to reserve your spot:
Free counseling sessions
All employees and their household members are eligible for free counseling sessions through the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), administered through Wayne Corporation. The EAP’s counselors provide confidential, professional counseling; education and referral services; and many more resources.
Counseling can cover a variety of topics, including stress and anxiety, grief, mental health, couples and relationship conflicts, drug and alcohol addiction, family issues, aging relatives, legal and financial matters, and more.
Whatever you need to talk about, don’t hesitate to reach out! You and your household members can take advantage of up to 10 free sessions for each topic you’d like to cover.
To make an appointment, contact EAP by emailing Wayne Corporation at email@example.com or by calling (502) 451-8262 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on weekdays.
Online wellness workshops
In addition to counseling sessions, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers a wide collection of emotional support resources through WayneCorp.com. We pulled some top-rated holiday-related resources below but check out the site for assessments, webinars, articles and exercises providing wellness support for any time of year.
- Help for the Holiday Blues
- A Guide to Holiday Survival
- Holiday Spending: Be Generous, But Smart
- A New Vision of Holiday Eating
- A Holiday Help Guide for Stepfamilies
- How to Reduce Kids’ Holiday Stress
- Strategies to Fight Holiday Weight Gain
- Sleeping Well During the Holidays
- Responsible Revelry: Holiday Entertaining on a Sensible Budget
- 5 Strategies to Actually Enjoy the Holidays This Year (Search on WayneCorp.com)
- The National Suicide & Crisis Lifeline can be reached 24/7 by calling or texting 988.
- Chaplains are available 24/7 for staff support. Call (502) 629-8000 and let the operator know you’re calling to speak to a chaplain.
- Reach out to our Employee Emotional Support Line to speak with a mental health specialist by calling (502) 446-5610. This line is operated by the Norton Behavioral Medicine team and can be reached weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Holiday Grief Support
The Pastoral Care team has compiled an assortment of resources to support anyone who is struggling with grief this holiday season. Explore contacts for grief counseling, book and music recommendations and interactive exercises to develop grief management strategies.
Download here: Holiday Grief Support Resource Booklet